+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Predicting the Top 20 Offenses of the 2015 College Football Season - Louisiana Tech

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Predicting the Top 20 Offenses of the 2015 College Football Season - Louisiana Te

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    See, and I like to think of him as OUR 32yo Athletic Director.
    I'm still not sold on him. No, that doesn't mean I dislike him...but I'm still not sold. As far as I'm concerned, T-Mac is still going thru his "Obama phase"....nothing is his fault. Every mistake that's been made in the athletic department is still getting blamed on the guy that came before him.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Predicting the Top 20 Offenses of the 2015 College Football Season - Louisiana Te

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    If HCSH wins another 9 games in 2015, he'll deserve a healthy raise. And I'll support it. It would mark the first time LA Tech has won 9 games in back to back seasons since our football program went Div 1A/FBS back in 1989. In fact, I think we've only had two 9-win seasons since 1989 (25 years). It will also mark the first back to back bowl seasons for LA Tech since 1977 & 78, when our Dawgs made Indy Bowl appearances against Louisville (a win) & East Carolina (a loss) respectively.

IMO, these accomplishments would be very important for our football program, and the coaching staff would certainly be deserving of a commensurate reward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Back to back bowl wins deserves a new contract with a raise and a larger buy out.

When his USF compensation drops off, we better be prepared.
    These 100%.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    1977 INDY Bowl - LA Tech beat Louisville
    1978 INDY Bowl - LA Tech lost to ECU
    I was born in 1982.

Varsity Bulldog Docman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    I was born in 1982.
    You're still wet behind the ears!

Champ cscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond repute

My biggest fear is losing the coaching staff, I think Holtz will at least finish the current contract and we will try to sign him to an extension. He has been good for tech in 2014, if he continues to do a good job in 15 and 16, a bump in his base pay to 750 to 900 will be required once the USF money is gone. I wish we could write a contract based on revenue and donations generated or a percent of total sports revenue, at least then it would all be based on performance but no coach would accept it because other schools will pay more without the sting attached.

The other coaches are the ones I am worried about. We lost our OL to Troy and DB coach to Houston without a significant raise in pay for both, correct me on the bump they received. We are on our 3rd DC in 3 years. I know if the money 5 or NFL come calling we can't match the salary but Troy and Houston, I think we can.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cscollis View Post

The other coaches are the ones I am worried about. We lost our OL to Troy and DB coach to Houston without a significant raise in pay for both, correct me on the bump they received. We are on our 3rd DC in 3 years. I know if the money 5 or NFL come calling we can't match the salary but Troy and Houston, I think we can.
    OLine coach was not a big loss at all.

Was Dameron a big loss? If we didn't lose him, we wouldn't have picked up Diaz. Nobody expected to keep Diaz if he had success at Tech.

If Houston wants a coach from Tech, we don't have enough money to keep him.

Coaches getting hired away for more money is a not a problem. It's either a sign of success or a sign that the HC has asked them to look elsewhere.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Moore got more money and was promoted to Co-Offensive Coordinator at Troy.
    Giles (our DE coach, not DBs) got more money and was passed over vs a much younger coach for the D-Coordinator position. Giles was a good position coach, played at U of Texas and in the NFL. I think this one was much more about ego (disappointment) than anything else.

As long as we keep winning get used to massive coaching turnover. It beats the hell out of the alternative.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I was born in 1982.
    Geez......then you don't know ANYTHING!!!!!!

And before you go off the rails, I'm just kidding you.

Big Dog BOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the rough

Back in '82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

More Wins? More Raise$?
    How about more butt$ in the Joe in $eptember, October and November?

One can easily solve the others.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BOSTON View Post
    and HogDawg could run it down before it hit the ground
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Docman5 View Post
    You're still wet behind the ears!
    I got three kids. You folks are just really old.

Big Dog Cory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud of Cory's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BOSTON View Post
    I just know you could state if you had some sort of a time machine and could go back to 82. Hell, how much you wanna bet you could throw a football right over them mountains...... yeah

Gotta love uncle Rico, lol

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I got three kids. You folks are just really old.
    1981 with 2 kids myself. We are the young whipper snappers aren't we.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    1981 with 2 kids myself. We are the young whipper snappers aren't we.
    Yep...it is you and KSDAWG who will pick up the TECH flag and hold it high on into the future. In 2015, it will be 45 years since I graduated from LA TECH!

+ Reply to Thread