+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Big East now focuses on its next plan

Champ genpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your time genpop's Avatar

Re: Big East now focuses on its next plan

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    You need to hush. You're not close on anything.

I'm commenting on a guy badmouthing our school President. I'm very close on that because there are too many posts that prove it. Dan Reneau is a good man that wants the best for Tech athletics just like the rest of us and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he is working on our future conference affilation. I dont care who LFR is, former linebacker or not, he doesn't know everything thus he is the one who needs to hush. I'm surprised other proud Tech grads have not stepped up to hush him yet.

Varsity Bulldog Dr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by genpop View Post
    I'm commenting on a guy badmouthing our school President. I'm very close on that because there are too many posts that prove it. Dan Reneau is a good man that wants the best for Tech athletics just like the rest of us and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he is working on our future conference affilation. I dont care who LFR is, former linebacker or not, he doesn't know everything thus he is the one who needs to hush. I'm surprised other proud Tech grads have not stepped up to hush him yet.
    LFR....you played linebacker too????

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Twister View Post
    LFR....you played linebacker too????
    Pay no attention to that misinformed malediction!

Varsity Bulldog Dr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Pay no attention to that misinformed malediction!

I know my days in Ruston are getting hazy but I thought I must have missed something .... otherwise you were the fastest and highest scoring linebacker I've ever seen.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Don't mean to pile on Gen, but DR has been given the benefit of the doubt for far too long now. Athletics is not, never was, and never will be a priority of his. His neglect during the Joakes debacle has dug a hole that we may never climb out of. If it wasn't for the generosity of others and the direction given to the program by DD we would be in even worse shape than we are today.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Twister View Post
    I know my days in Ruston are getting hazy but I thought I must have missed something .... otherwise you were the fastest and highest scoring linebacker I've ever seen.
    You did miss something!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

You're proven to be not to bright on the PawLitic Forum and on our sports boards as well.

Champ genpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your time genpop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66 View Post
    Don't mean to pile on Gen, but DR has been given the benefit of the doubt for far too long now. Athletics is not, never was, and never will be a priority of his. His neglect during the Joakes debacle has dug a hole that we may never climb out of. If it wasn't for the generosity of others and the direction given to the program by DD we would be in even worse shape than we are today.

I think he's doing what he can with what he's got. We are a small school with an even smaller budget but people on this board want us to be LSU. That simply isn't going to happen.

So you're actually agreeing with us that D.R. sucks as the university president and admitting that we have proven it through other posts. Then why in the hell or you defending him.

As for telling LFR to hush we can't get you to it, so what makes you think we can make him. He has a proven track record on this board....still waiting to see yours. You state you are giving D.R. the benefit of the doubt....then state your reasoning...show us some proof that the man is doing something for this university to better the athletic situation.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

I think he's doing what he can with what he's got. We are a small school with an even smaller budget but people on this board want us to be LSU. That simply isn't going to happen.
    Answer one question about DR's commitment...

How's the endowment coming?

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Back to the subject of the thread: From Philly.com:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...119991924.html

"When all the Big East's movers and shakers gathered in New York in March for the conference's signature event, its postseason men's basketball tournament, the league's football members took time out from hoops for a progress report from Villanova on the school's exploration of a move-up to Division I-A Big East football.

According to one person in the room that day, the presentation didn't go well, for a very specific reason. Villanova's president, the Rev. Peter Donahue, gave more an explanation of where things stood than a sales pitch. If he wasn't going to be a real advocate, it was natural for his brethren to wonder where the former drama professor really stood. Were they supposed to get excited about 'Nova joining them if 'Nova's president couldn't?

That's not to say that Donahue blew the deal. More that he was being an honest broker. Multiple sources say that Donahue is fully on board now, with the strong backing of Villanova's board of trustees, in addition to pretty good-size checks coming 'Nova's way from backers of the move-up"

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    Back to the subject of the thread: From Philly.com:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...119991924.html

"When all the Big East's movers and shakers gathered in New York in March for the conference's signature event, its postseason men's basketball tournament, the league's football members took time out from hoops for a progress report from Villanova on the school's exploration of a move-up to Division I-A Big East football.

According to one person in the room that day, the presentation didn't go well, for a very specific reason. Villanova's president, the Rev. Peter Donahue, gave more an explanation of where things stood than a sales pitch. If he wasn't going to be a real advocate, it was natural for his brethren to wonder where the former drama professor really stood. Were they supposed to get excited about 'Nova joining them if 'Nova's president couldn't?

That's not to say that Donahue blew the deal. More that he was being an honest broker. Multiple sources say that Donahue is fully on board now, with the strong backing of Villanova's board of trustees, in addition to pretty good-size checks coming 'Nova's way from backers of the move-up"
    ALthough I have not seen it in the press anywhere, there are many people here in Houston who say that the UH AD and president were at those meetings also making a presentation. The president actually tweeted she was in the NYC area, but didn't say why.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

We should drag our school President's name through the mud on the word of LFR? How do we really know Dan Reneau is not doing anything? Just because we can't see it doesn't mean that it is not happening. Surely if a simpleton like LFR knows our tenous position as far as conference affiliation then Dan Reneau knows it as well. And there is NOTHING that indicates to me that LFR loves Tech more than a man who has been associated with Tech longer than LFR has probably been on this earth. Let the power brokers of Tech do their thing and the rest of us do our thing which continue to support Tech. Following the advice of LFR is most assuredly acting like helpless sheep following a shepherd but what makes it worse is that the shepherd is not a shepherd or wolf but a mole....
    LFR is credible, you are not.

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    LFR is credible, you are not.

No, he isn't. He gets all of his information from a President that he doesn't like? Doesn't make sense.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Being a good man does not make a good leader, ceo, etc. Historical facts speak for themselves.

+ Reply to Thread