+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your 2009 football prediction

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: Your 2009 football prediction

Quote Originally Posted by BlueManChild View Post
    Interesting that so many predict a win V Boise... Why is everyone so optimistic for a Boise win? Not trying to flame, just curious. Last year was a supposed rebuilding year for the Broncos, and on paper, this is perhaps their best team ever (especially on D). They are no longer playing with a freshman QB, the offensive line looks to be much better, and last year they were the youngest team in the top 25.
    To put really simple: Even when we suck we almost always play you very tough at home. Now we don't suck and we play you at home.

I expect Boise to be great and Tech to win a close game. I also predict Boise beats Nevada and we lose to Nevada on the road though.

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

I'm just not that afraid of Auburn this season, they have a new head coach and will still be in the process of learning new systems

Puppy BlueManChild is an unknown

Thanks for the thoughts. I've never been more exited/confident in a Boise State team, but obviously I will admit to being a homer. This will be easily the best D line in BSU history IMO. (The depth and talent there is wicked scary good, even before the addition of Michael Atkinson, who could end up being the greatest player ever to play on the Blue)

It's nice to see you guys so confident this year though, could set up for a great story line for our game. I wish you the best of luck until our teams meet. It would be an amazing build up if we were both undefeated going into that game! I'm really exited for both our openers! It would mean so much to the WAC if we could both win those games! Best of luck against the Tigers, it's one of the games I have circled!!!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlueManChild View Post
    Thanks for the thoughts. I've never been more exited/confident in a Boise State team, but obviously I will admit to being a homer. This will be easily the best D line in BSU history IMO. (The depth and talent there is wicked scary good, even before the addition of Michael Atkinson, who could end up being the greatest player ever to play on the Blue)

It's nice to see you guys so confident this year though, could set up for a great story line for our game. I wish you the best of luck until our teams meet. It would be an amazing build up if we were both undefeated going into that game! I'm really exited for both our openers! It would mean so much to the WAC if we could both win those games! Best of luck against the Tigers, it's one of the games I have circled!!!
    Thanks BMC. I know Boise will have a great season. You look loaded across the board. I think the play of our CB's will be the key to the game. If they play well I think we can pull the upset. We also feel very good about our DL. I like our LB's, LOVE our Safety's.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rebelboi View Post
    Nobody thinks Tech can beat Auburn or Navy?
    Of course I do. I think we can beat anybody on any given day any time. :icon_wink: I always expect us to win.

Big Dog latechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the roughlatechbulldawgfanatic is a jewel in the rough

*Always good to see other teams fans on our board. Good luck to Boise(except against us, LOL)

We will be 8-4. I believe it will be possible to pull out a win at Fresno but no likely. I hate the thought of playing at Nevada, they are getting better every year. LSU will crush us which I hate to say, just being honest. Hope I am wrong.
    The Auburn game could go our way if we get some turnovers and capitalize on them. Make a few special teams plays and who know, we could win.

L Sat, 09/05 @ Auburn 21-31
    W Sat, 09/12 @ Navy 34-28
    W Sat, 09/19 v Nicholls State 38-10
    W Wed, 09/30 v Hawaii 24-10
    L Fri, 10/10 @ Nevada 24-35
    W Sat, 10/17 v New Mexico St 31-7
    W Sat, 10/24 @ Utah State 27-13
    W Sat, 10/31 @ Idaho 44-24
    W Fri, 11/06 v Boise State 28-24
    L Sat, 11/14 @ LSU 13-38
    L Sat, 11/21 @ Fresno State 17-21
    W Sat, 12/05 v San Jose State 17-3

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

7-5 overall, 5-3 WAC, and bowl bid

0-1 Loss Sat, 09/05 @ Auburn
    1-1 Win Sat, 09/12 @ Navy
    2-1 Win Sat, 09/19 v Nicholls State
    3-1 Win Wed, 09/30 v Hawaii
    3-2 Loss Fri, 10/10 @ Nevada
    4-2 Win Sat, 10/17 v New Mexico St
    5-2 Win Sat, 10/24 @ Utah State
    6-2 Win Sat, 10/31 @ Idaho
    6-3 Loss Fri, 11/06 v Boise State
    6-4 Loss Sat, 11/14 @ LSU
    6-5 Loss Sat, 11/21 @ Fresno State
    7-5 Win Sat, 12/05 v San Jose State

Bowl - Independence Bowl

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    7-5 overall, 5-3 WAC, and bowl bid

0-1 Loss Sat, 09/05 @ Auburn
    1-1 Win Sat, 09/12 @ Navy
    2-1 Win Sat, 09/19 v Nicholls State
    3-1 Win Wed, 09/30 v Hawaii
    3-2 Loss Fri, 10/10 @ Nevada
    4-2 Win Sat, 10/17 v New Mexico St
    5-2 Win Sat, 10/24 @ Utah State
    6-2 Win Sat, 10/31 @ Idaho
    6-3 Loss Fri, 11/06 v Boise State
    6-4 Loss Sat, 11/14 @ LSU
    6-5 Loss Sat, 11/21 @ Fresno State
    7-5 Win Sat, 12/05 v San Jose State

Bowl - Independence Bowl

Not just to DogsWin............but this would be a step back for us unfortunately. The above would leave us with 0 good wins and 3 losses in conference. Fresno should be a win if we were not coming off such a physical game vs LSU.

We have the talent and ability for 10-2, tough schedule adds 2-3 more losses unfortunately.

I say 8-4..............New Mexico Bound

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

7-5.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

I feel like this is a really pessimistic thread. I honestly see every game on our schedule as winnable, and Auburn sucks right now, SEC or not. The toughest games are Boise and LSU. I'm sorry, but I think Boise would destroy Auburn right now, and to think we don't have a chance at Auburn, but will beat Boise, is just kinda silly just IMO. The most likely losses I'd call would be LSU, Boise, and Nevada. That being said, I still will be upset if we lose those games, because I see the potential.

GO BULLDOGS!

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    T Sat, 09/05 @ Auburn
    W Sat, 09/12 @ Navy
    W Sat, 09/19 v Nicholls State
    W Wed, 09/30 v Hawaii
    T Fri, 10/10 @ Nevada
    W Sat, 10/17 v New Mexico St
    W Sat, 10/24 @ Utah State
    W Sat, 10/31 @ Idaho
    T Fri, 11/06 v Boise State
    L Sat, 11/14 @ LSU
    T Sat, 11/21 @ Fresno State
    W Sat, 12/05 v San Jose State

Best case scenario: 11-1 (BCS buster contender)
    Worst case scenario: 7-5 (not bowling IMO)

My guess: We beat Auburn and lose to LSU, Boise, Fresno, and either Nevada or someone we shouldn't lose to and we finish 8-4 and go to some craptastic WAC bowl.
    I think that we are thinking very similarily. In a few weeks, I am going to be going through all the teams and the games. At that point, I'll make my official prediciton. :icon_wink:

My gut tells me that we lose to Auburn and @ Nevada, and we WIN @ Fresno and Boise.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

We win in Champ967's highly anticipated game against Nicholls and will be favored in five others. That's 6 wins. Just one more win as an underdog puts us at 7 wins. Anything less than 7 will be Bicknellish.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

11-1. We lose to LSU..not by much but they are too fast and too big..this year. Our D wins the day at Navy and after knocking off Auburn and Navy the WAC doesn't intimidate our guys and we get up for every game. We finally have depth at nearly every postion (exception being the kicking game but we have talent there as well).
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    The above would leave us with 0 good wins and 3 losses in conference.
    Navy is a good win.

Over the last few years they have been 8-5, 8-5, 9-4, and 8-4. And it's at their place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post
    I feel like this is a really pessimistic thread.
    Chigau yo. I would rank this as one of the more optimistic prediction threads in a long time.

Puppy acedawg has turned a few heads around hereacedawg has turned a few heads around hereacedawg has turned a few heads around hereacedawg has turned a few heads around here

I'm a little bored with the idea that Nevada owns us. The game is early in the year and we've got plenty of reasons to win it. Two touchdown win at Nevada.

+ Reply to Thread