+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Number #20 Jersey at LA Tech

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

The Number #20 Jersey at LA Tech

I was thinking about something the other day. What other great LA Tech running backs have worn the #20 jersey besides Ryan Moats and Daniel Porter?

I thought someone else wore it lately too.

Anyway. I was thinking that since Moats and Porter have had such stellar LA Tech careers that maybe we could form a little number tradition with the #20 jersey for running backs. I know Michigan has an unwritten little tradition in the past about the #1 WR jersey. I just thought it could be something interesting we could do. Daniel Porter and Ryan Moats did such a great job at LA Tech. I think it would be a new and good tradition we could start. BTW my Tech knowledge isn't as great as some. What other Tech greats wore #20?

I'm just throwing it out there. What do you guys think?

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: The Number #20 Jersey at LA Tech

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog View Post
    I know Michigan has an unwritten little tradition in the past about the #1 WR jersey.
    what?

And good idea.

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

It seemed in the past that some really good WRs wore the #1 jersey. I know when Braylon Edwards asked to wear it they told him not yet. He then worked his butt off to get the jersey. I believe Rich Rod did away with the tradition which kind of irked Braylon.

Here is a youtube vid about some Michigan players with the jersey. As I mentioned, it seems like an unwritten tradition, but I like the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7z71UXkQCM

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Started with Anthony Carter. #1 is only for receivers who excel at their position. It is not for the best that year, but for those who clearly stand out. If you wear #1 and have a bad year, you will lose #1 in the middle of the season. It is very clear that it is an honor and not an assignment. There are a lot of people in Michigan who were pissed about it when Rich decided to give it to an incoming freshman defensive player.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

They have the same type of tradition at Manchester United with the #7

Varsity Bulldog ProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the ears

I think Bobby Ray Tell was #20 back in the late 90s. He was either #20 or #22, as I recall.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ProfStudent158 View Post
    I think Bobby Ray Tell was #20 back in the late 90s. He was either #20 or #22, as I recall.
    BRT was #22, I think.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous View Post
    They have the same type of tradition at Manchester United with the #7
    +1
    that is awesome when you mentioned this. No. 7 is the legendary shirt at Man United. They only give the shirt to what may be their best player.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    +1
    that is awesome when you mentioned this. No. 7 is the legendary shirt at Man United. They only give the shirt to what may be their best player.
    ... except for Rooney never wearing it. :-)

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty View Post
    ... except for Rooney never wearing it. :-)
    Agreed! Rooney loves his no. 10 shirt.

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

Another question is how to we handle #20 when it is time to honor Moats and Porter. The RB with the greatest single season in Tech history and the RB with the best career in Tech history (according to rushing yards).

Do they retire #20 at a joint ceremony?

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

doubt they'll retire it

That's why I thought a tradition of honoring the great players who have worn the #20 jersey. It may be something that the best back works towards in his career. I know a lot of players like their numbers, but if this was a tradition, maybe it could pick up steam. I just think Moats and Porter did great things for the RB position in the last half of the decade, and I would like to see us start some kind of tradition perhaps.

I would like it to be a running back thing. Who knows...maybe Morrow or Duplessis could fill that role next.

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog View Post
    That's why I thought a tradition of honoring the great players who have worn the #20 jersey. It may be something that the best back works towards in his career. I know a lot of players like their numbers, but if this was a tradition, maybe it could pick up steam. I just think Moats and Porter did great things for the RB position in the last half of the decade, and I would like to see us start some kind of tradition perhaps.

I would like it to be a running back thing. Who knows...maybe Morrow or Duplessis could fill that role next.
    I would definitely support that idea. In both of two examples given here, the tradition was started by a few great players and then honored by coaches. It would be up to DD to keep something like this going on from here.

Champ KDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really nice

What about Troy's number?

+ Reply to Thread