+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions requested for Basketball coaches' show tonight

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Questions requested for Basketball coaches' show tonight

My good buddy, Malcolm, mentioned he'd love to get some more questions from fans to ask Spoon and Rupp tonight on the program.

Just email your question(s) to mbutler@latech.edu .
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: Questions requested for Basketball coaches' show tonight

Thanks, just submitted a question to Malcolm.

Don't forget!!!
    Inside Tech Basketball @ 6PM

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Thanks, just submitted a question to Malcolm.

Don't forget!!!
    Inside Tech Basketball @ 6PM

what station is this on?.. thought it would be z107.5...

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    what station is this on?.. thought it would be z107.5...
    You can listen for free:
    http://all-access.cbssports.com/player.html?code=latc

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

thanks!

Big Dog justincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the rough

LOVED spoons response to the question about the A&M coach. not surprised at all at the response, but loved it nonetheless

Quote Originally Posted by justincad View Post
    LOVED spoons response to the question about the A&M coach. not surprised at all at the response, but loved it nonetheless
    I sent that question in.
    Coach Gary Blair has been quoted saying, "I think if I was her, I would try to have the aspirations to become the next Middle Tennessee or become the next Old Dominion...If I'm her, I try to live in reality right now because she won't be able to get the Candace Parkers of the world to come in and even look at her." from an article on espn.com.

Do you agree with him regarding recruiting at Louisiana Tech?
    She was well aware of the statement by Gary Blair. It's fuel for Spoon to kick some tail.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

I had a couple of long talks with Gary Blair when he was the coach at Arkansas in the 90's. I ran into him once in downtown Dallas and again a few months later while on vacation in Fayetteville.

Gary is certainly no fan of Louisiana Tech. Perhaps there was some bad blood while he was at Tech, but he described Ruston as "too blue collar" and said that he was glad to have moved on to a more cultured environment. I was surprised that he was as candid as he was.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    I had a couple of long talks with Gary Blair when he was the coach at Arkansas in the 90's. I ran into him once in downtown Dallas and again a few months later while on vacation in Fayetteville.

Gary is certainly no fan of Louisiana Tech. Perhaps there was some bad blood while he was at Tech, but he described Ruston as "too blue collar" and said that he was glad to have moved on to a more cultured environment. I was surprised that he was as candid as he was.
    Good for Gary Blair, bless his heart. He doesn't know the difference between blue collar and blue bloods.
    Louisiana Tech University

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Blue collars cover red necks nicely thank you. When you think you are too "cultured" for the people who support you, then it is best that you move on. Glad you did and hope that Spoon and her ladies kick your cultured butt next time we meet!
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

I sent that question in.
    Coach Gary Blair has been quoted saying, "I think if I was her, I would try to have the aspirations to become the next Middle Tennessee or become the next Old Dominion...If I'm her, I try to live in reality right now because she won't be able to get the Candace Parkers of the world to come in and even look at her." from an article on espn.com.

Do you agree with him regarding recruiting at Louisiana Tech?
    She was well aware of the statement by Gary Blair. It's fuel for Spoon to kick some tail.
    What was her response?

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless Abandon View Post
    What was her response?
    Paraphrased- I don't share Gary Blair's opinion at all. At Tech we don't aspire to be anyone else. Just give me players who want to be at Louisiana Tech, who want to work hard, and they'll get a chance to win.

I think her point was that we don't have to live within the limitations that Blair and others think we should live within.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

At least he got the BLUE part right!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I have been to Bryan, Texas/College Station many times and his statement makes me laugh VERY hard.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I have been to Bryan, Texas/College Station many times and his statement makes me laugh VERY hard.
    I was thinkin the same thing. Been there, seen it Blair. Ah, excuse me...

+ Reply to Thread