+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Big East now focuses on its next plan

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Big East now focuses on its next plan

I just don't know about Tulane, however UTEP and UH should be Yes votes. UAB could go with the East crowd. It all amounts to wether its a West or East team. If its a West team, nobody in their right mind is gonna push for UNT if they are from TX. SMU, Rice and UTEP don't want another team in TX. Especially a new program, like UTSA. If its an eastern team we are out no matter what. FAU is a lock.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous View Post
    Can you be more specific or would you rather not reveal sources.... the reason I am asking is that I was told the opposite recently by an administration figure and I would like to not have to believe him since he was so negative!!!!!
    I can't say, but my source is not in our administration. He simply pointed to the fact that they tried to swap UTEP for us 6 months ago.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

If Houston leaves, we're in.

Big Grin Re: Big East now focuses on its next plan

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    I agree 100%!!

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Winner winner, chicken dinner.

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    I just don't know about Tulane, however UTEP and UH should be Yes votes. UAB could go with the East crowd. It all amounts to wether its a West or East team. If its a West team, nobody in their right mind is gonna push for UNT if they are from TX. SMU, Rice and UTEP don't want another team in TX. Especially a new program, like UTSA. If its an eastern team we are out no matter what. FAU is a lock.
    Tulane owes us.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

The UTEP swap was when Dooley was here and he was the biggest advocate for that, however, that was long before the current landscape. I have also heard that FAU is way down their list behind Temple, MTSU, & us......... The problem right now is that not even our admnistration knows how it will go so they should be tripling their efforts where it counts, in the faces of the school presidents.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Allgood View Post
    Tulane owes us.
    Every needs to stop banking on tulane having our back because we let them stay in out condemned dorms. If they support us, it ain't gonna be because of Katrina.

Varsity Bulldog Dr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    Every needs to stop banking on tulane having our back because we let them stay in out condemned dorms. If they support us, it ain't gonna be because of Katrina.
    Hey now, watch it there, some of us called those broke down, dilapidated, roach motels home for a couple of years. Oh, the memories I have too....nothing like having those rat size cockroaches walking across your feet in the showers or the elevators breaking down and having to walk up 11 flights of stairs in Neilson. Or how about when I moved to the Hut and two days later Ruston had a big rain storm and the bottom floor of The Hut ended up flooding with 6 inches of water

...........oh those were the days.

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

I'm not saying lean on. I'm saying if they're on the fence, a little thing like that should help tip the scale in Tech's favor.

And by the way, the administration has deemed the buildings "off line" not condemned.

Varsity Bulldog Dr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her gameDr Twister is on top of his/her game

Every needs to stop banking on tulane having our back because we let them stay in our condemned dorms. If they support us, it ain't gonna be because of Katrina.
    I'm not saying lean on. I'm saying if they're on the fence, a little thing like that should help tip the scale in Tech's favor.

And by the way, the administration has deemed the buildings "off line" not condemned.
    That's what TouchDown 123 is worried about I think.

They need to take them OFF the campus. By the way, the off line is the same term they kept using for the old Hale Hall and we all know what eventually happened there

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Twister View Post
    They need to take them OFF the campus. By the way, the off line is the same term they kept using for the old Hale Hall and we all know what eventually happened there
    I'm petitioning to have one of them turned into a multi-level paintball complex.

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

Agree, something everyone would probably want to forget about. I thought at one time it might have been a chip but that expired IMO..... IMO.

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

If it's UCF and UCF alone, I am worried about FIU getting the nod on the basis of market and academics. If we go, I like your odds on the whole. There might be a desire among some schools to bring UNT as the big-state-big-market U to replace us, though. I think that SMU would have the clout to stave it off, but I'm not positive.

Another concern. Let's say, hypothetically, that UCF gets the nod right now. UH is given the nod to come over when Villanova is ready to make the jump. By then, you have to look at how UTSA is doing.

But still, I like LaTech's odds as a whole as long as it's not just UCF.

Another possibility: If UCF leaves, I think UH and SMU (if both are sure that a BE is not in their future) give the MWC another look. A part of me thinks that the MWC chose not to expand because they want to see if they can get UH and SMU at a later date. Two in the bush being worth Utah State and UTEP in the hand.
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

+ Reply to Thread